You can browse the Sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers located in Australia.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
• email address, physical contact information
• transactional information based on your activities on the Sites (such as posting information, auditioning, giving ratings, and content you generate or that relates to your account);
• information you provide to purchase or buy a service;
• community discussions, chats, correspondence through the Site, and correspondence sent to us;
• computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, and ad data;
• other information, including IP address and standard web log information.
We don’t share, sell, or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) to improve and personalise our services.
If you no longer wish to receive our communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by using the link included in each email communication or by contacting our Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience to complete the transaction process. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
• provide the services and customer support you request;
• resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
• prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our Terms of Service;
• customise, measure, and improve our services and the Sites’ content and layout;
• tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, promotional offers based on your communication preferences, compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
• members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services; (Our corporate affiliates will market only to users who request these services.)
• service providers under contract who help with our business operations; (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliates, and community programs)
• other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information; (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service)
• law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity;
• other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Cookies / Web Beacons
We use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain pages of the Site to help analyse our web page flow, customise our services, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. We link the information we store in cookies to personally identifiable information you submit while on our site in order to customise the user experience.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
• You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Sites.
• You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a “cookie” placed by that web page.)
Your information is stored on our servers located in Australia. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
This site may contain links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another site. Purple Wax is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
We post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer’s name. We do obtain the customer’s consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial.
Purple Wax Industry Directory
We also post media industry resources on our web site which may contain information such as the company’s name and the link to the companies that belong to the media industry.
The Site may provide hyperlinks to third party Web sites or access to third party content. Purple Wax does not control, endorse, or guarantee content found in such sites. You agree that Purple Wax is not responsible for any content, associated links, resources, or services associated with a third party site. You further agree that Purple Wax shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any sort associated with your use of third party content. Links and access to these sites are provided for your convenience only.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
If you have any questions you can answer them online, you may write to us at email@example.com